Monday, November 22, 2010

FROM MY READERS/TO MY READERS

This post is in response to some emails that I have received from several readers.  I must say, it is so nice to hear from you and I really appreciate your input and comments.  Keep them coming.

One of my readers sent me a photograph of a whimsical wreath she made after reading my "Fall Wreath" post.  She has given me permission to share it with the rest of you.



I love how she used her imagination by putting the fairies and chair on it.  She really thought outside the box!  It goes to show that you can use anything, there are no rules when crafting.  I thank her for sharing.  If anyone else has photos of projects they have made after reading my blog and would like to share them  I would love to see them.  My email is in the "Complete Profile" section.

Also, I would like to thank those of you who expressed sympathy in regards to the passing of my Aunt, which I shared in my post about the local Needlework Exhibits.  I appreciate your thoughtful responses very much.  I still haven't gotten to any of those exhibits...have any of you?  If yes, I would love to here about which one(s) and what your impressions were.

Additionally, the library now has a copy of the  book published by The Connecticut Historical Society that relates to the exhibition in Hartford: 


 Connecticut needlework : women, art, and family, 1740-1840 

This book offers comprehensive research of many 18th and 19th century needle work pieces by Connecticut women.  Beautifully photographed, it shows the stitches employed, the designs and artistry of their work. 

Please click on the title above to connect to our library catalogue record and to place a hold on it if you so desire.



Again, thank you for your thoughts, comments, photos and best wishes -- keep them coming!

F.Y.I.:  over the next few weeks I aim to post frequent articles that address quick gifts to create during the upcoming Holiday season. Keep checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment